The 0xC0000006 error is a common Windows application crash, and is said to be quite common in Windows Desktop, but the error can also happen in other Windows programs. This post will show you how to resolve the 0xC0000006 error in Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2008.
If you have seen this error on your computer, then you’ll know that it is a major problem. It can cause many problems in Windows, including freezing of your computer, and if you can’t fix it, the only solution is to restore your computer to its factory settings.
Every computer that a user creates, is an individual. Every person has a unique personality, and that is reflected in their computer. A computer can be used as an asset to make the user do their best or can be used as a hindrance, slowing them down and forcing them to take time away from what they want to be doing. The computer that a user has should be just as unique as their personality, and to do that, the user needs to do research on the computer’s operating system.RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
Some users have discussed the 0xc00006 error on the software support forums. This error occurs when users try to run some of their programs.
The error message may be Application could not start correctly 0xc00006. This is a STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR error that often occurs when users attempt to run software from network volumes. If you need to correct this error, see the possible solutions.
What is the cause of error 0xc00006 (STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR)?
This error often occurs when you try to run an executable file from a network volume. This is most likely due to an intermittent problem caused by over-protection of the firewall or AV package. However, this false alarm can also be caused by an incorrect registry value of AppInst_DLLs or by system corruption.
If the problem occurs when you try to run an executable from a network drive and you are using a third-party package, chances are the problem is due to a false positive that causes the security package to be disconnected from the network drive.
This particular error may also be related to a specific registry key that records the number of unexpected crashes and hangs that affect third-party applications. However, this particular key may be damaged and cause error 0xc00006 (STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR) on your system if it is not present.
Usually, the problem is caused by an error in a system file, facilitated by some form of corruption. Several affected users who had trouble troubleshooting the issue reported that the problem was resolved after running two built-in utilities that can repair corrupted system files: SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management).
How do I delete error 0xc00006 (STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR)?
updated June 2021:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. Moreover, this utility repairs common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. With this program you can quickly solve PC problems and prevent further problems:
- Step 1: Download the PC recovery and optimization tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step Two: Click Start Scan to detect problems in the Windows registry that may be causing problems with your PC.
- Step Three: Click Repair All to fix all issues.
Perform clean startup
Given the large number of applications, drivers and scripts on a typical computer, the likelihood of an unintended conflict with third-party software is high. The STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR error (error 0xc00006) may be the cause.
You can use Clean Boot Windows to determine if the problem is due to software conflicts or something else. When you use Clean Boot, third-party boot software is disabled.
- Open the Run window by pressing Win+R.
- Type MSConfig (without the quotes) in the Run window and click OK.
- Make sure the General tab is selected in the System Configuration dialog box.
- Choose Selective Startup and deselect Startup Load I.
- Make sure the Load system services and Use original startup configuration options are enabled.
- Click the Services tab and select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
- Click Disable All to deselect all automatically running third-party services.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Click on Restart.
Try running the software in a new environment. If this works, the culprit is probably a program associated with one of the disabled boot objects.
Scan system files
Some users have confirmed that checking the system files can fix the 0xc00006 error.
- To start the SFC analysis, press the key combination Windows + S.
- Type cmd in the search box to find the command line.
- To open the extended command line, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
- At the prompt, type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Enter.
- Then type sfc /scannow and press Enter to start the scan of system files.
- If the scan shows that some files have been recovered, restart your desktop or laptop.
Editing the register
Modifying the Windows registry key may also resolve the 0xc00006 error for some users.
- To do this, open the Run window.
- Type Regedit in the opened box. The registry editor opens when you click OK.
- Open the path to this registry key: Computer -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> WOW6432Node -> Microsoft -> Windows NT -> CurrentVersion -> Windows.
- Select the Windows registry key.
- Double-click Applnit_DLL in the right pane of the Registry Editor.
- Delete the number in the Edit String window and click OK.
- Exit the Registry Editor and restart Windows.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
frequently asked questions
- Start the computer and log on as administrator.
- Click the Start button and then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.
- Select the last system restore point in the list Click on a restore point in this list and then click Next.
STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR is described as follows: The instruction in XXX referred to the memory in YYY. This means that the memory manager should have read the memory from the hard drive, but the hard drive failed.
The exception code is 0xc00006. The event ID is 1005. Application error. Description: Windows cannot access the file for any of the following reasons: There is a problem with the network connection, the drive on which the file is stored, or the storage drivers installed on the computer; or the drive is missing.
Every now and then you may run into an error that won’t go away. Error 0xc0000006 is one of those special types of errors that you can never be sure is gone, but it is a code that can be helpful for troubleshooting. Fixing this error is generally a good thing, unless you’re trying to troubleshoot an entirely different problem.. Read more about how to fix 0xc0000006 error and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix error 0xc0000006?
Error 0xc0000006 is a generic Windows kernel error and is the result of a bad page fault in the Windows kernel. The error, which is a page fault in the kernel, is not a bug, it’s an expected result of the way the system is coded. There are several reasons why the page fault may happen, and in this article we’ll go over some of them so you can decide if you need to reinstall the operating system or if the error can be fixed. This error message appears when Windows has encountered a serious problem and can’t recover. The error occurs when the Windows kernel-mode driver has encountered a critical error, such as a failure to find the memory address where a piece of data is stored.
What is error code Status_in_page_error?
In Windows, the 0xc0000006 (STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR) error is a generic code that indicates a problem with a device driver or device. The error may indicate a hardware problem, a problem with the hardware driver, or a problem with the Windows system file. The Status_in_page_error error code is well-known to Windows developers. This error code indicates that a page cannot be displayed by a program. The cause of the error is usually a problem in a Windows DLL, which is the reason why this error code is particularly common in Windows and developed applications. The solution to this error code is to check whether the program is working with the correct DLL. If the program is working with the wrong DLL, then the program should be updated so that it can work with the correct DLL.
What is exception code 0xc0000006?
This error is the most common error that happens on any PC, but it can be very hard to actually find the error through Windows alone. This is because there are a number of conditions that can cause this error. This error is sometimes referred to as the “Blue Screen of Death”. When it occurs it looks like this: Over the years I’ve come across quite a few Windows errors, but the most annoying by far is 0xc0000006 (STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR). This error occurs when your system tries to access a page in memory that either does not exist, or is invalid. Typically this will occur when you are trying to install a program, or maybe when you try to install a new device driver.
Feedback,error status 0xc0000006 windows 100xc0000006 error windows 10download (0xc0000006) repair toolhow to fix 0xc0000006 errorerror code: status_in_page_error chrome0xc0000006 windows 7,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,error status 0xc0000006 windows 10,0xc0000006 error windows 10,application unable start correctly (0xc0000006 windows 10),download (0xc0000006) repair tool,how to fix 0xc0000006 error,error code: status_in_page_error chrome,0xc0000006 windows 7,windows error status 0xc0000006