Avast is a popular antivirus program. It can detect and remove many different threats. However, sometimes Avast can cause problems with your computer and cause a Windows error called Avast Helper Error 1316. Avast Helper Error 1316 is caused by Avast, and sometimes it can be quite frequent. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to fix Avast Helper Error 1316.
Avast is a well-known name when it comes to security, so it would be strange if the built-in anti-virus would cause any issues in Windows 10. The problem is that the Avast Helper is a computer program that helps improve the performance of Avast Antivirus, so when it stops being able to start, you are faced with a weird error. This is the Avast Helper error 1316, and there are several ways that you can resolve it.
RECOMMENDED: To repair Windows problems and improve system performance, go here.
Avast Antivirus is a widely used antivirus program. However, it, like other computer applications, is not without flaws. This time, we’ll discuss error 1316 and how to resolve it.
The antivirus engine itself does not show this problem. The user must first open the event viewer in order to inspect it. Furthermore, the mistake has a direct impact on Avast Update Helper. That is, the module in charge of software updates. This issue, on the other hand, impacts Avast Free and Avast Security.
Furthermore, this issue was resolved by Avast early last year. As a result, the problem is most likely linked to a failed software update.
What is the source of Avast Helper Error 1316?
The Avast antivirus engine does not show Error 1316 immediately. As a result, the only way to identify the mistake is to examine the Event Viewer logs. The issue with this mistake is that it impacts Avast Update Helper directly.
You may run across this issue in one of two ways. Error 1316 happens as a result of a program update failure or an interruption in the computer boot process for certain users. The error is caused by a corruption issue in this instance. Software conflicts, on the other hand, may cause the error message to appear. This issue is most often seen by users who have installed Nvidia ShadowPlay and Avast Security Browser.
What is the solution to the Avast Helper error 1316?
Updated in August 2021:
For your mistake, we now suggest that you use this tool. This program also corrects common computer problems, protects you from file loss, viruses, and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimum performance. With this program, you can rapidly repair your PC issues and prevent others from occurring:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that may be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To correct all problems, click “Repair All.”
Avast Secure Browser is uninstalled.
“Error 1316” has been reported to occur while using Avast Secure Browser (ASB). The account you’re looking for already exists.” According to the research, ASB and conventional security solutions or other third-party antivirus programs are incompatible. Uninstalling ASB is the simplest option.
- To open the Run dialog box, click Win + R, then enter appwiz.cpl in the box and press Enter.
- Find Avast Secure Browser in the list of installed applications, right-click it, and choose Uninstall.
- Then, to finish the uninstallation, follow the on-screen directions.
- After removing Avast Update Helper, restart your computer to see whether the problem 1316 has been resolved.
Avast must be updated to the most recent version.
Many afflicted customers claim that upgrading Avast to the most recent version fixes the Avast Update Helper issue 1316.
- Launch the Avast app and go to the top right corner of the screen to the action menu.
- On the left, select Settings, then the General tab, and then Update.
- Click Check for updates on the Update sub-tab.
- Avast will then download and install the most recent version for you.
- Wait a bit for the procedure to finish.
- After that, you’ll be asked to restart your computer.
- Accept the reboot and restart your computer to check whether the 1316 issue vanishes.
Restore Avast’s functionality.
If you see the message “Product: Avast update assistant — error 1316. selected account already exists” only after a computer crash or an application update failure, it may be because of a partly damaged program installation. In this scenario, you may recover Avast using the built-in troubleshooter.
- Select Settings from the action menu in the top right corner of the Avast program.
- Select Troubleshooting from the list of submenu options under the General tab.
- Scroll down to the Always Troublesome area in the right sidebar and choose the Repair app.
- Wait for the initial scan to finish before clicking Yes at the confirmation window.
- You’ll get a list of potential Avast-related problems after the scan is finished.
- To repair all of the issues, click Repair All.
- You may now restart your computer to see whether the issue with the “Error 1316 account already exists” has been addressed.
RECOMMENDED: To fix Windows problems and improve system performance, go here.
Set the content for your Author Custom HTML Tab on your Profile page.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- avast update helper error 1316
- error 1316
- error 1316 the specified account already exists
- error 1316 msi
- nvcontainer.exe application error