The GIF is one of the most popular ways to express an idea on the Internet. It’s also one of the easiest and most entertaining ways to create animated content, and iPhone and iPad users can easily create GIFs for their social networks and their favorite blogs. Some of the best iOS apps for creating GIFs are Imposter, GIF Editor Pro, and GIF Buddy for free and GIPHY for $1.99.
To make a GIF, you first need to download the free GIF Studio app for iPhone or iPad. Then, you can make your GIF from over 30 different options, including the standard cycle, motion, audio, and video options. …If you want to spice up your GIFs with a little bit of motion, you can use the new rear-facing camera–and a GIF with motion will capture the movement, enabling a more natural-looking GIF.
Ever wondered how to make a GIF on iPhone or iPad, or how to share a GIF on the internet? Well, here’s the secret: you can use the built-in Camera app, or you can use iMessage to make a GIF on iPhone or iPad. Check the steps below to see how.
GIFs are small videos that loop indefinitely and have no sound. Today, we’ll teach you three simple methods to create a GIF on your iPhone or iPad.
GIFs are always entertaining to share, and they aren’t going away anytime soon. GIFs are used all the time, from Snapchat and Instagram stories to WhatsApp messages, making conversations even more entertaining.
The majority of GIFs may be found on the internet, and various GIF keyboards can be purchased from the Android and Apple App Stores. These keyboards allow you to instantly search for GIFs and share them to others without needing to download them first. But what if you want to make your own GIFs and share them with your friends and family that aren’t accessible on the internet? If that’s the case, you’ve come to the correct spot. Let’s get started making GIFs on your iPhone or iPad right now.
What is the best way to make a GIF on an iPhone or iPad?
We’ll teach you how to make your own GIFs on an iPhone or iPad using two ways.
1. Use the iPhone’s Shortcut app to make a GIF.
The Make GIF shortcut in the Shortcuts App may be used to generate GIFs natively. Here’s how to go about it:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Shortcuts App.
- In the top-right corner, tap the Plus symbol.
- Add an action by tapping on it.
- Look for GIFs.
- Make a GIF by using the Make GIF button.
- On the “Make GIF from Content” screen, tap on Content and then choose Clipboard from the pop-up menu.
- Select the Plus icon.
- Look for the word “save.”
- Select Save to Photo Album from the drop-down menu.
- On the top-right, tap the Three Dots symbol.
- Assign a name to the shortcut. “Convert Video to GIF” will be the title of this lesson.
- Show in Share Sheet should be enabled.
- To finish, press the Done button.
Now, let’s check whether it really works:
- Open the Photos application.
- Play any video you want.
- In the bottom-left corner, tap the Share Icon.
- In the Share Sheet, look for “Convert Video to GIF.”
- Select Convert Video to GIF from the drop-down menu.
In the Photos App, you may now locate the GIF stored in your Recents album. You may use the same shortcut to convert any video to GIF this way. You may download the shortcut if you don’t want to build it yourself.
2. Create GIFs from Live Photos
If you don’t want to build a shortcut and want a more natural way to generate GIFs, you may also convert live pictures to GIFs. This is the iPhone’s native technique for making animated GIFs.
Before and after you snap a photo, Live Photos record a few seconds of motion. You may watch these pictures come to life by long pressing or 3D Touching them. To take Live Photos, follow these steps:
- Open the Camera application.
- In the top-right corner of your screen, press the Circle Icon.
Using the Photos software that comes pre-installed on your iPhone, you can convert these Live Photos into GIFs.
To make a GIF from a live photo, follow these steps:
- Open the Photos application.
- Scroll all the way down to the Live Photos section.
- Select Live Photos.
- Choose the Live picture you wish to turn into a GIF.
- Drag the Live Photo higher after it’s been chosen.
- A list of impacts will now appear:
- Long exposure photography;
- Choose between the Loop and Bounce effects.
- Now you may share the image with anybody. It will be shared in the form of a GIF.
If you want to convert a Live Photo to a GIF, that’s all you have to do.
3. Using the GIPHY software on your iPhone or iPad, create a GIF
The shortcuts app may not be available if you have an older iPhone with an earlier iOS version. You don’t have to worry, however; you can create GIFs from videos on such iPhone models with the help of third-party applications. There are a plethora of GIF-making applications available for iPhone.
The GIPHY app is available for download here.
When it comes to making and sharing GIFs, GIPHY is one of the most popular applications. If you’re searching for third-party applications, GIPHY is a good place to start. Apart from GIPHY, the App Store has a plethora of different GIF creator applications for the iPhone.
Follow these steps to make a GIF using the GIPHY app:
- From the App Store, get the GIPHY app.
- Launch the GIPHY app once it has been downloaded.
- In the top-right corner, tap the Create icon.
- You now have two choices:
- Make a GIF using your camera.
- Make a GIF out of a video from your Camera Roll.
- Choose the one that appeals to you.
- At the bottom of the page, you’ll find many choices for customizing the GIF:
- Make a caption for the picture.
- Filter should be included.
- Insert Pre-Constructed Artwork.
- Insert Phrases in Word Art.
- Trim your GIF if necessary.
- and a lot more
- Make whatever changes you want to the GIF.
- To post it to GIPHY, tap the Purple Arrow.
- Select Upload to GIPHY from the drop-down menu.
To post and save your GIF, you’ll need to establish a GIPHY account.
Tap the three vertical dots once the GIF has been uploaded. To save the GIF to your smartphone, tap Save to Camera Roll.
You may now send the GIF to whomever you choose. GIFs produced with GIPHY will continue to function even if they are shared online or transferred to another device. This concludes the tutorial. We hope that this guide has been helpful in creating and customizing your own GIFs.
You may also be interested in learning how to cast Apple TV to Chromecast.
If you have any problems, please leave a remark in the area below. Also, please spread the word about this post to your friends and family.
More Related Content:
Video is the most popular type of content people are creating today. So if you’re making videos, you should have a GIF maker on your phone.. Read more about how to make a gif on ipad from photos and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make a GIF on iPad?
To make a GIF on iPad, you need to download an app that allows you to do this. There are many apps out there that will allow you to create GIFs on your iPad.
How do I make a GIF with my iPhone?
To make a GIF on your iPhone, you can use the camera app. Once you have taken a photo, tap the screen to open up the editing tools and choose GIF from the list of options.
What is the easiest way to make a GIF?
To make a GIF, you need to capture your screen and then use an editing software like Photoshop or GIMP.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- how to make a gif on iphone from photos
- how to make a gif on iphone from youtube
- how to make a gif from a video
- how to make a gif on iphone 7
- how to make a gif on iphone 6s