I come across many issues when using Windows 10 or Windows 11. Each time I face an issue, I do a little research and try the possible solutions to the problem so I can fix my issue and move ahead. But I find it difficult to fix the problem and sometimes I need help. There are many great and experienced people here who can help you solve the Windows 10 and 11 sound issue easily and quickly.
The sound doesn’t work on your computer? That’s bad, but luckily there is a quick and easy fix. If you’re using Windows 10, you can get the sound working again in no time! If you’re using Windows 11, then this one will get you sound working again in no time.
There are many reasons for this. One of the major reasons is that Windows 10, along with its predecessors Windows 7 and Windows 8, has an issue with the computer’s sound card.. Read more about no sound on computer windows 10 and let us know what you think.
Do you have a problem with your computer’s sound? If that’s the case, you’ll find this essay very useful. This audio problem is simple to resolve.
Computers have made our lives quite easy and convenient. But as we know it is just a machine and it can also get some issues every now & then like any other machine out there. One of the most common errors faces by the users is the ultimate No Sound error. Yeah, right! This issue has threatened us once in a while.
When this No sound problem arises, we typically get panicked and powerless to resolve it. If you read this post, you will not be alarmed the next time you see the No sound issue on your computer. We’ll go through several life-saving techniques for imitating this No sound mistake like a pro. Let’s go to work on the answers as soon as possible.
Also see: How to Fix the Error of Windows 10 Freezing At Random
How Do I Fix No Sound On My Computer? – Troubleshooting Audio Issues
To resolve the problem of no sound on the computer, you may try the methods listed below.
The first solution is to reinstall the audio drivers.
- To begin, go to Control Panel and enter Device Manager into the search box, then press Enter.
- Expand the option- Sound, video, and gaming controllers once the Device Manager is open.
- To access the Properties box for your device, you must first find it and double-click on it.
- You may either update the driver or check whether it is installed in the driver tab.
- You may also reinstall the driver from this location, and you’ll be ready to go.
Solution 2: Turn off audio improvements.
- In the Playback tab, go to the Sound Control Panel.
- Then, right-click the default device and choose Properties from the context menu.
- Disable all improvements on the enhancements tab immediately, and the problem should be fixed.
Solution 3: Examine the volume controls.
You should instead examine your device’s volume settings, since sometimes the answer is so obvious that we are too lazy to search for it. Users must first check the volume settings to see whether they are muted or not before proceeding to any other remedy.
Also see: How to Restart the Windows Update Service
Solution 4: You may want to run the audio troubleshooter.
If none of the previous techniques work, you may want to try running the audio troubleshooter.
- To begin, right-click the start button and choose System from the menu.
- Then, in the top left column, choose Sound.
- Near the top of the right panel, choose Troubleshoot.
- Select the device you wish to troubleshoot now.
- After you’ve chosen your choice, follow the on-screen directions to finish the troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 5: You can change the volume of your speakers.
- From the taskbar icon, choose Sound Settings.
- Select Sound Control Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Then, from the Choose your output device option, choose Speakers.
- Device characteristics should be selected.
- Select Additional device characteristics from the menu.
- Next, go to the Advanced tab.
- Then, under “Restore Default,” touch the drop-down box.
- To continue, choose a new frequency.
- Test each frequency by clicking Test and repeating the process.
Changing the audio format is solution number six.
If you’re experiencing audio problems, it’s possible that an audio format mistake is the source of the problem. Users should try changing the audio format of the currently playing audio, since this will almost certainly fix the problem. If not, you may try one of the other techniques suggested in this post.
For the time being, that’s all there is to it. In this post, we’ll go through all of the available options for resolving the problem of no sound on the computer or audio that isn’t functioning in Windows 10. If you’re still having trouble or have a question, please leave a comment below. We will assist you.
Ethan, also known as Alex, formerly worked as an IT Engineer for Google and Verizon. He currently spends the most of his time on the Internet through WindowsCape, sharing his expertise.
Since Windows 10 and Windows 11 came out, there have been a lot of issues regarding sound on computers. In fact, some people have been complaining about poor sound quality on their computer. However, the issue is not as simple as you think. In this video, we will discuss how to fix the no sound on computer issue on Windows 10 & 11.. Read more about no sound after windows 10 update 2020 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my sound back on Windows 10?
This is a very common problem that many people have. There are two ways to fix this issue. The first way is to go into the sound settings and make sure your speakers are set as default, or if youre using headphones, make sure theyre plugged in. The second way is to download an audio driver from the manufacturers website.
Why does my computer suddenly have no sound?
This is likely because your computer has been infected by a virus. You should run an anti-virus program and scan for viruses to remove the virus from your computer.
How can I restore the sound on my computer?
You can try to reinstall the sound drivers.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- how do i fix no sound on my computer?
- no sound on computer windows 10
- windows 10 no sound realtek
- no sound windows 10
- sound not working windows 10