Learn how to cast the content you want to watch on Roku TV to your big-screen TV.
Some streams are not convenient to watch, such as those that come from websites that are not optimized for casting. But if you have a Roku TV, you can cast from your Android phone or iPhone to it, so you can watch on your TV screen. This works especially well when you are working from bed and want to watch a video on your phone.
We have seen a dramatic increase in the number of streaming devices available for streaming media content to the home. A few of these devices are Android or iPhone devices, which can be used to mirror the content on a smart TV. The number of Rokus and Chromecast is steadily increasing, but the number of apps on Android is still less than the number of apps on iOS. We will show you how to cast the content from your Android or iOS devices to your Roku TV, and also how to cast from your Roku device to your Android or iOS devices.
Roku OS-enabled smart TVs are becoming more popular. Why? These TVs, on the other hand, fit nicely within a consumer’s budget while still allowing you to view a wide range of material without the need for a cable subscription. You may always utilize the Wi-Fi connection to watch stuff immediately and for free. If you can share content from your phone to your Roku TV, things will be much better. This may be accomplished by using screen mirroring. The goal of today’s tutorial is to show you how to cast to Roku TV from your iPhone or Android phone.
What can you screen mirror to your Roku TV from your smartphone? Almost anything and anything, to be precise. Many streaming applications, whether music or video, have a cast option built into them, so you may cast documents, audio, and movies straight immediately to your Roku TV. This makes it simple to transfer anything to the large screen. If you have an Android or iPhone and wish to cast or mirror content to a Roku TV, keep reading to learn how.
Roku TV may be streamed from an Android or iPhone device.
Casting is a fantastic method to watch material on a large screen that is also quite easy to accomplish. You may cast and mirror to your Roku TV straight immediately, whether you have an iPhone or an Android.
It’s essential to note that your smartphone and Roku TV must both be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for this to function properly.
On your Roku TV, enable Screen Mirroring Mode.
You must first activate Screen Mirroring on your Roku TV in order for this functionality to operate. To do so, go to Settings and choose System from the drop-down menu. After that, you must scroll down to the Screen Mirroring option. Select Screen Mirroring mode after choosing Screen Mirroring, then pick between prompt and always allow. Whether you choose Prompt, a prompt dialogue will appear on your Roku TV, asking if you want to enable a device to reflect itself on the Roku TV.
Mirroring your Android phone to a Roku TV is simple.
- Check to see whether your Android smartphone and Roku TV are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Type screen mirror or wireless display into the settings app’s search box. It will have various names on different Android devices.
- Tap on the Screen Mirror option after you’ve found it.
- Your Android smartphone will now scan the network for Wireless display devices.
- Select your Roku TV from the list when it appears.
- You will now see a popup on your Roku TV to allow your Android smartphone to connect to it. Simply choose Allow, and your Android smartphone will begin mirroring on your Roku TV.
How to Connect an iPhone to a Roku TV
- Check to see whether your iOS smartphone and Roku TV are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Control Center on your iOS device and touch the Screen Mirroring tile.
- Your iOS device will now scan the network for wireless displays.
- Select your Roku TV from the list after you’ve found it.
- You’ll be prompted to enter a code immediately. You’ll see a code on your Roku TV that you’ll need to input on your iOS smartphone.
- Once you’ve input the code, press OK, and your iOS device will begin mirroring to the Roku TV straight immediately.
Roku TV may be controlled from an Android or iOS smartphone.
The terms “screen mirroring” and “casting” are not interchangeable. Casting allows you to send video from Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, YouTube, and other applications to a wireless display. To cast content, both your smartphone and your Roku TV must be connected to the same network.
Open any of the Streaming applications and touch on the cast icon after both devices are connected to the same network. It’s usually found towards the top of the app. It will now search for wireless displays when you touch on it. Tap on your Roku TV after you’ve found it. You’ll be asked to enter a code that will be shown on the television. Now that you’ve entered the code on your phone, you should be able to cast to your Roku TV.
If you want to mirror your iPhone screen to your Roku TV, make sure you have Roku OS 9.4 or later, since this latest version now supports AirPlay. AirPlay is also only supported by a select Roku TV models. If you have a Roku TV that is one of the following models: A—–, C—–, 7—–, or C–GB (the – indicates model numbers), it includes built-in AirPlay functionality.
So there you have it: a simple method for screen mirroring and casting from your Android or iOS smartphone to your Roku TV.
You Might Also Like – How to Fix a Hisense Roku TV That Won’t Connect to the Internet
If you have any questions, please leave a remark in the box below. Also, please spread the word about this post to your friends.
More Related Content:
The goal of this article is to show how to use the Google Cast app on Android & iPhone to cast your favorite videos from your Android phone to your Roku TV.. Read more about how to connect phone to roku tv with usb and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I cast from Android to Roku?
You can use the Google Cast app to cast from your Android device to a Roku.
How do I mirror my Android to my TV?
To mirror your Android to your TV, you will need a HDMI cable. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the back of your TV and plug the other end into your phones HDMI port.
What is the best app to cast from Android to Roku?
The best app to cast from Android to Roku is AirPlay.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- tcl roku tv screen mirroring
- tcl smart tv screen mirroring
- how to cast to tcl roku tv
- how to mirror iphone to roku tv without wifi
- how to cast to roku tv from iphone