Facebook rolled out for Windows 10 in early May, and since then many users have complained that the Facebook app is not working correctly in the Windows 10 build 10586.224. In most cases, the app is not showing up at all or it is crashing when you try to use it. The problem is not limited to Windows 10 and could affect earlier builds of Windows 10, including those that users received mid-April.
Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with friends, especially if you’re away from home. But, since it’s an app that works in Windows 10, it can also be a great way to get instantly notified of urgent issues, such as when friends are going through a hard time. Unfortunately, a lot of people experience problems with the Facebook app in Windows 10, and this has led them to some rather extreme solutions. If you’re one of these people, then this guide may help you.
Facing an unfortunate situation? Were your Facebook app not working for some reason? If it is that you have been a victim of such situation, you need to know that you should not worry too much. It is not that difficult to find a solution for the Facebook app in Windows 10. Fortunately, there are many ways you can make the Facebook app work on your Windows 10 PC. And, if you do not know how to do this, you can still rely on the guide below.Alexander Ognianovich Expert at solving problems Technology is Alexander’s greatest passion. With a strong background in writing, he strives to bring the most advanced technologies to the average user. He has a keen eye and always pays attention to his surroundings. …. Read more about it Updated: 7. June 2021. Published: July 2018
- If the Facebook app doesn’t work on Windows 10, the problem may be in the software.
- To get started, you need to run the special troubleshooter for the applications in the warehouse.
- Checking for DirectX and driver updates solved the problem for some users.
- You can also try resetting the application and then reinstalling it if all else fails.
To solve various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix: This software keeps your drivers up-to-date and protects you from common computer errors and hardware malfunctions. Check all your drivers in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click on the Start Scan button to find all problematic drivers.
- Click Update Driver to get the new versions and avoid system crashes.
- DriverFix was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
More and more social networks are entering the Microsoft Store. The Facebook application has been around for a while, followed by the Facebook Messenger application, which is indispensable for chatting. While this integration works pretty well in Windows 10, there are still some internal issues that plague users. Some users could not even open the Facebook application after installation. This is a recurring problem and the app just doesn’t work for some Windows 10 users. To solve this problem, we suggest the following steps. We hope you can solve the problem with one of the proposed solutions. We also have a quick guide on how to reinstall Facebook on your computer, so read the whole article and bookmark it for future reference.
Troubleshooting the Facebook application on Windows 10
- Starting troubleshooting for retail applications
- Update DirectX and check display drivers
- Reload the Facebook application
- Reinstalling the Facebook application
- Try alternatives until the problem is solved
1. Run Store Apps Troubleshooter
- Press the Start button and select Settings.
- Select Upgrade and Security.
- Click Troubleshooting in the left pane, and then select Advanced Troubleshooting in the right pane.
- Now scroll down and click Windows Store Apps, then click Run Troubleshooter.
- Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
Let’s start with a built-in fix that fixes app-related issues in Windows 10. Due to the slow integration and frequent changes of Microsoft Store applications, this tool is a great help to solve all major application problems. If you cannot open the Facebook for Windows 10 app or it is not working, you can run a special troubleshooting utility. Follow the simple steps above to learn how to troubleshoot Windows Store Apps.
2. Update DirectX and check display driver
Some users who have experienced problems with the Facebook application have resolved the issue by checking DirectX and updating the display driver. The DirectX update shouldn’t be a problem, but there are some issues with the display adapters, even though the generic driver seems to be up to date. You must understand that this is not always the best solution. Instead, you should go to the official support site of the hardware manufacturer and download the official driver that is compatible with your device. These are the 3 main manufacturers of graphics cards. Follow the links to go directly to the driver download page: You can find the DirectX installer here:
3. Reset the Facebook application
- Press Windows + I to open the settings.
- Select Apps.
- Under Apps and Features, look for Facebook.
- Unfold Facebook and select More Options.
- Scroll down and press reset.
- Check the permissions of the application.
- Repeat for Facebook Messenger.
- Restart your computer.
Moreover, you can always restore the application to its factory settings if it does not work properly or if you experience recurring problems. This option was introduced to improve the troubleshooting process for Windows UWP applications. After the reset, the application should work properly. This is obviously not the rule, but we encourage you to give it a try. Also, make sure all necessary permissions are granted by Facebook and reset Messenger. Follow the steps above to reset your Facebook application settings and get everything back to normal.
4. Reinstalling the Facebook application
- Open the settings.
- Select Apps.
- Under Apps and features, search for Facebook and unfold it.
- Click the Remove button.
- Run the recommended third-party utility below to clean up any remaining associated files.
- Open the Microsoft Store and search for Facebook.
- Install Facebook.
If the previous step did not work, you can try another solution: reinstalling the application. We now recommend (and it is recommended by users who have solved this problem) that you use a third-party cleaner or uninstaller to remove the associated files before reinstalling the application. Try the excellent utility below that will safely remove all traces of the Facebook application, so you can install it with a clean slate. ⇒ Get IObit Uninstaller
5. Try alternatives until problem is resolved
If the official application is not suitable, we recommend that you try third-party alternatives available in the store. The number of applications available is limited, but we can certainly highlight 2 or 3. You can look around the store yourself and find what you need, and most items are free, which is no small feat. So check out our special selection of the best apps for connecting to Facebook from your favorite devices. With all this in hand, we can wrap up the article. We also hope you were able to fix Facebook Messenger if it’s not working on your computer. You can try going back to Facebook after some time, as the error can be fixed and you can finally access the application. Tell us how the recruitment process helped you. The comments section is directly below, so feel free to leave a comment. Not enough details. It’s hard to understand Other Contact an expert Take part in the discussionThe Facebook app for Windows 10 is crashing constantly, and in the past week I have experienced it more than 50 times. I tried to report the problem to Facebook, and they didn’t respond to the ticket. But, I finally tracked down a workaround.. Read more about facebook app for windows 10 and let us know what you think.
facebook works on phone but not computerfacebook app for windows 10messenger app crashing windows 10windows 10 and facebook problemsmessenger app windows 10facebook not responding windows 10,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,windows 10 facebook messenger app not working,facebook works on phone but not computer,windows 10 facebook messenger not working,facebook app for windows 10,messenger app crashing windows 10,windows 10 and facebook problems,messenger app windows 10,facebook not responding windows 10