Elden Ring is a post-apocalyptic open world RPG game, but it can’t launch on PC and Mac because of some glaring issues the developers didn’t anticipate. Let’s explore what could’ve been if they were able to patch their game during release.
The “elden ring not launching” is a problem that has been present for a while. There are several fixes to fix the issue, but they all have their own problems.
As Elden Ring grows in popularity among gamers, some users are experiencing Elden Ring Won’t Launch on PC.
Game servers may be difficult due to the rapid growth of users, however this is not always the case.
So, now, The CPU Guide presents you the most effective solution for Elden Ring Crashing Not Launching on PC and White Screen Crash issues on your desktop.
Please confirm that your PC fulfills the PC requirements for Elden Ring before proceeding to the solutions. The game will not run if your PC does not meet the minimum requirements.
- Also, see whether the “Elden Ring Crashing” problem has been rectified.
Solution 3: Make sure your computer is up to date.
Outdated Wi-Fi Drivers on Windows 11 may sometimes be caused by an outdated PC.
Your PC’s outdated drivers or current Windows version are unable to support the new internet connectivity setting.
When you update your Windows, all of your drivers will be updated as well, which will resolve the Elden Ring Won’t Launch issue.
So, here’s how to update your computer:
- Select the Windows icon.
- Select the Settings icon.
- A new window will appear.
- From the left menu, choose Windows Update.
- A new window will appear.
- Then choose Check for Updates from the drop-down menu.
- If an update is available, it will begin upgrading the PC.
- Check to see whether the “Elden Ring Crashing Not Starting” issue has been resolved.
If updating your system didn’t solve your Elden Ring Crashing Won’t Launch problem, disable overclocking.
Solution 4: To Fix Elden Ring Not Starting, Turn Off Overclocking
Some users cranked up the CPU speed to have a smoother gaming experience.
However, certain games will not play or may crash repeatedly. Overclocking may be corrected by resetting the CPU speed to default.
Here are the procedures to fix Elden Ring Won’t Launch by restoring CPU speed to factory settings:
- Press “F2” when you see the corporate logo (Key might differ depending on the Manufacturer)
- You will now enter BIOS.
- Go to the Advanced Tab now.
- Locate Performance and
- Look for an overclocking option.
- Disable overclocking
- Changes should be saved.
- Exit BIOS
If Elden Ring Crashing continues, go to the next step.
Solution 5: Use Device Manager to update the graphics card driver on Windows 11.
Update the graphic card driver; an out-of-date graphic driver might be triggering the Elden Ring white screen crash.
On Windows 11, here’s how to upgrade graphic drivers:
- Select the Search icon.
- Device Manager is a device management program.
- Open Device Manager by clicking on it.
- Then choose a display adapter.
- A new menu will appear, where you may locate your video driver.
- Right-click on the graphic card’s name.
- Select the updated driver.
- The graphic driver has now been successfully upgraded.
Upgrades to specialized GPU drivers are the next step in the process.
Solution 6: Check for GPU/Video Card Driver Updates from various companies.
One of the most prominent difficulties is that the GPU drivers are out of current, and the video card’s drivers are likewise out of date.
The GPU is unable to keep up with the latest/most current gaming experience. As a result, we suggest that you update your video card drivers. In addition, we’ll provide you with direct connections to the major GPU manufacturers.
Check whether Elden Ring Won’t Launch is repaired after upgrading the GPU drivers.
Solution #7: Verify the Game Files to Resolve Elden Ring PC Crashes
Occasionally, the game file will get damaged or erased, resulting in Elden Ring’s white screen crashing on launch.
To repair Elden Ring Crashing On PC, check the game file on Steam.
To validate the game file on Steam, follow these steps:
- Start the Steam software.
- Now go to Steam and log in.
- Make your way to the library.
- Right-click on the game and choose it.
- Select properties now.
- Now choose “Local file” from the drop-down menu.
- A new menu will appear.
- Select “Verify Integrity of the Game Cache” from the drop-down menu.
- The program is now verifying the files, which will take some time.
The Elden ring will no longer crash on startup after using this solution.
If the fault continues, go on to the next step in the Elden Ring Crashing On Startup solution.
Solution 8: To Initialize Elden Ring, Perform a Clean Boot
Clean boot will assist you in removing any background apps that are superfluous.
Also, close any apps that are incompatible with one another and producing an Elden Ring Won’t Launch error.
This is how you do a Clean Boot:
- Press the Windows key and the R key at the same time.
- The Dialogue Box for Running will display.
- “msconfig” is the command to use.
- Press Enter
- The window for System Configuration will appear.
- Go to the Services tab.
- Uncheck all of the services that aren’t needed.
- Check just the ones you need right now.
- Now press OK.
Now that you’ve completed your clean boot and disabled any superfluous services, you may play Elden Ring without receiving a White Screen.
If the Elden continues to crash on startup, it’s necessary to alter the power settings.
Solution 9: To Fix Elden Ring Won’t Launch, Change the Power Settings
When your PC’s power plan is set to the Balanced option, your PC will give the game less power, resulting in game latency or Elden Ring crashing.
To prevent Elden Ring Won’t Launch, modify the Power settings as follows:
In Windows 11, how can I alter the power settings?
- Access the Control Panel.
- Choose “Large Icon” as a View option.
- Now look for “Power Options” and choose it.
- Select “High Performance” as your Power Plan.
- Expect “Balanced” if you don’t have any other options.
- Then use the left menu to find what you’re looking for.
- Choose “Create a power plan” from the drop-down menu.
- A new tab will open.
- Select “High Performance” as the power plan.
- And then click Next.
- The new electricity plan is now available.
Now, perhaps, all of the methods listed above will assist you in resolving Elder Ring Won’t Launch – Not launching – Not beginning on PC.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them in the comments area below.
The “windows laptop cheap” is a problem that has been present for a while. The “Elden Ring won’t launch on PC/Laptop?” is a question that has been asked many times before.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does Elden Ring crash on launch?
A: This is most likely caused by the graphics card not being able to handle the ridiculously high texture size. You will need a GTX 860 or AMD R9 290X in order for this game to run properly, as it does have demanding graphical requirements.
Can you play Elden Ring on Windows 10?
A: Unfortunately, there is currently no way to play Elden Ring on Windows 10.
Will Elden Ring be playable on PC?
A: The team has not yet announced the release date for PC. However, there are plans to bring it over in early 2019.
- elden ring not launching on pc
- elden ring stuck on loading screen
- best windows laptop 2020
- best work laptop 2020
- cheap good laptops